Saturday 28 January 2012

Something A Little Tangy

Ever since I came back from Melbourne I have been on a search for an orange poppy seed cake recipe. I don't remember having orange poppy seed cakes ever since I can remember, but when I had a slice of an orange poppy seed cake in Melbourne I just wanted to recreate the recipe.
So I've been on the hunt for an orange poppy seed cake recipe and here it is; an easy and moist orange poppy seed cake. 
At first it seems like an ordinary cupcake but when you take a bite out of it, there is this subtle citrus taste- slightly tangy, slightly bitter, but mostly sweet and yet not too overpowering flavour.
Seeing so many oranges in the fruit bowl makes me smile. Oranges filled with vitamin C, fresh and juicy.
Orange Poppy Seed Cupcakes
Makes 48

Ingredients:
1 large orange
185 grams butter
3 eggs whisked
1 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
2 tablespoons

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a mini muffin or cupcake tin with 48 molds.
2. Puree orange in food processor(I used a blender and put the eggs inside too).
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy then add the eggs slowly while continuously beating then add the orange puree and mix.
4. Add the flour and poppy seed and fold into the wet mixture.
5. Equally divide mixture between 48 molds.
6. Bake 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, or check by using a skewer to poke the inside of the cupcake and see any mixture is attached to it, if not then the cupcakes are ready. Let cool and enjoy (;

2 comments:

  1. I loved the orange poppy seed cake too! and all the other afternoon tea! I want to try and make the caramel slice =p and hedgehog!! wow.. you actually use the WHOLE orange! nothing wasted =) btw did this recipe make 48 normal sized cupcakes or the mini ones? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made 48 mini cupcakes...I guess you could make 12 big cupcakes, but the baking time would be different though...yea I want to make the hedgehog too. Exploring one recipe at a time (:

    ReplyDelete

 

Yes, I can bake. Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template