Wednesday 24 October 2012

Some Sweet Potato Waffles

Lately sweet potatoes have been sprouting like crazy in my grandpa's backyard, and my mum has been stocking up on sweet potatoes, so now we have a whole box full of them! Last night I had some unexplained urge to attempt making something sweet out of these sweet sweet spuds.
 You can guess right? I made waffles out of them.


Sweet Potato Waffles
Adapted from tasteofhome.
Makes about 6

Ingredients:
1 cup plain flour
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 egg
1 milk
1/2 cup cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence



Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and spices. 
  2. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, sweet potatoes, oil and vanilla. 
  3. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
  4. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve waffles with desired toppings (I used toasted walnuts) and honey or syrup.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Yes, I can bake. Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template